Linksys WRV54G and VPN

Old June 24th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
D.M. Procida

Default Linksys WRV54G and VPN

Just got one of these on a recommendation, though I having no luck with
it.

I want to set up VPN access to the LAN from outside, so I have created
the appropriate entry in "VPN client access".

I can't connect with Mac OS X's built-in VPN client.
I can't connect with Cisco's Mac OS X client.
A Windows user (who also happens to be a Cisco networking expert) can't
connect using the Linksys client.

The firmware has been updated to the latest 2.37.

Has anyone used one of these and been able to connect to it with a VPN
client?

Thanks,

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre

You might want to take a look at www.logmein.com

It is a free service which is really easy to set up. I am using a WAP54G and
it works brilliantly. I can even access my PC from Pocket PC over the
internet.

Regards

Martin

Old June 24th 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

You might want to take a look at www.logmein.com

System Requirements
» Windows 98, 2000, XP, or Server 2003
» Internet connection (cable, ISDN, DSL or better)

Old June 25th 05, 10:41 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
D.M. Procida

D.M. Procida wrote:

Just got one of these on a recommendation, though I having no luck with
it.

I want to set up VPN access to the LAN from outside, so I have created
the appropriate entry in "VPN client access".

Ha ha. How's this for a recommendation:

http://blog.markwshead.com/info2/Lin...G-VPN-Router.h
tml

Guess what's going back to the supplier first thing on Monday?

Daniele
--

http://www.refugeeweek.org.uk
Old June 25th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

On 25 Jun 2005 10:41, D.M. Procida wrote:

How's this for a recommendation:

Yes, it looks like the VPN side is the 'make it fall apart' aspect.
Just glad I have methods other than VPN to do what I need :-) Peter.
Old June 25th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin

Old June 25th 05, 02:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin

D.M. Procida wrote:
D.M. Procida wrote:

Just got one of these on a recommendation, though I having no luck
with it.

I want to set up VPN access to the LAN from outside, so I have
created the appropriate entry in "VPN client access".

Ha ha. How's this for a recommendation:

http://blog.markwshead.com/info2/Lin...G-VPN-Router.h
tml

Guess what's going back to the supplier first thing on Monday?

Daniele

Crikey, it's not going to win product of the year is it?

Martin