i have a network

Old July 5th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
brigitte beavers

Default i have a network

I have a network. What should i choise for server, Windows, Linux or BSD?

Old July 5th 05, 08:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Treeherder

brigitte beavers wrote in
news:[email protected] s.com:

I have a network. What should i choise for server, Windows, Linux or BSD?

Depends what you can afford and what you want it to do.

--
treeherder.co.uk (marcus)

Any reference to trees or their herding is purely coincidental.
Old July 5th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bernard Peek

In message m,
brigitte beavers writes
I have a network. What should i choise for server, Windows, Linux or BSD?

I think that most people who know both systems well would choose Linux
over Windows, so my guess is that you don't know Linux very well. In
that situation I would opt for a Windows server, but plan on learning
more about Linux. By the time you have done that you will be able to
make an informed choice between Linux and BSD.

--
Bernard Peek
London, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer & Author.

Old July 6th 05, 01:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

In article m,
"brigitte beavers" says...
I have a network. What should i choise for server, Windows, Linux or BSD?

Serving what?
Old July 6th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:

In article m,
"brigitte beavers" says...

I have a network. What should i choise for server, Windows, Linux
or BSD?

Serving what?

Breakfast

If it's scrambled eggs, I want some please!