Monitoring bandwidth using SNMP with D-Link DWL2000?

Old July 7th 05, 02:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Josh!

Default Monitoring bandwidth using SNMP with D-Link DWL2000?

I have a D-Link DWL-2000 access point and I have just downloded PRTG:
http://www.paessler.com/prtg
Will this work with the D-Link to monitor bandwidth use etc on the network?

I have just found the following setting in my AP, but does anyone know
which bits need filling in for it to work?

From the
SNMP Options

SNMP Enable/Disable

System Location: [What goes here?]
System Contact: [What goes here?]
Community: public [does this need changing?]

Trap Receiver 1 0.0.0.0 [what goes here?]
Trap Receiver 2 0.0.0.0 [what goes here?]
Trap Receiver 3 0.0.0.0 [what goes here?]

Thanks Josh

Old July 7th 05, 11:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Josh! wrote:
I have a D-Link DWL-2000 access point and I have just downloded PRTG:
http://www.paessler.com/prtg
Will this work with the D-Link to monitor bandwidth use etc on the
network?

Probably

I have just found the following setting in my AP, but does anyone know
which bits need filling in for it to work?

From the
SNMP Options

SNMP Enable/Disable

System Location: [What goes here?]

Anything you want , it's just for your reference.

System Contact: [What goes here?]

As above

Community: public [does this need changing?]

Nope , although changing it from default will make it harder for other
people to have a nose.

Trap Receiver 1 0.0.0.0 [what goes here?]

The IP address of your PC/server running the SNMP software.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old July 8th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Terry

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Josh! wrote:
I have a D-Link DWL-2000 access point and I have just downloded PRTG:
http://www.paessler.com/prtg
Will this work with the D-Link to monitor bandwidth use etc on the
network?

Probably

I don't think the D-Link has MIB, so it WONT work with that software I
think.
Comments anyone?