Belkin FD5-7630 ADSL Wifi Router - Speed

Old July 10th 05, 09:56 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brownie

Default Belkin FD5-7630 ADSL Wifi Router - Speed

Am I right to say that there is now way of showing the connection speed to
the ADSL line on these routers?

Old July 10th 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

On 10 Jul 2005 08:56, "Brownie" wrote:

Am I right to say that there is now way of showing the connection
speed to the ADSL line on these routers?

Possibly, possibly not :-) A friend has one of them, and it doesn't show
the sync speed. However, we have not been chasing to find the 'latest'
Belkin firmware, but there was a post in uk.telecom.broadband a while
back (2-3 months perhaps) which indicated someone else had stats. Also, I
think Sunil Sood posted a URL for where to get the firmware, in January.

USENET news service? http://tinyurl.com/3rjw4 (plans from under US$5)
Old July 10th 05, 12:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Brownie
writes
Am I right to say that there is now way of showing the connection speed to
the ADSL line on these routers?

"Now a way" or "no way"? :-)
Old July 10th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

On 10 Jul 2005 11:06, Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

"Now a way" or "no way"? :-)

LOL. I assumed the latter, based on not seeing it on a friend's router.
Old July 10th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brownie

"poster" wrote in message
news
On 10 Jul 2005 08:56, "Brownie" wrote:

Am I right to say that there is now way of showing the connection
speed to the ADSL line on these routers?

Possibly, possibly not :-) A friend has one of them, and it doesn't show
the sync speed. However, we have not been chasing to find the 'latest'
Belkin firmware, but there was a post in uk.telecom.broadband a while
back (2-3 months perhaps) which indicated someone else had stats. Also, I
think Sunil Sood posted a URL for where to get the firmware, in January.

Thanks for that. I did find a web page that gave hidden pages, but it
didn't include the connection to ISP page. Yes, the 'now' way, was meant to
ne 'no' way - typo.

Old July 12th 05, 03:27 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sunil Sood

"Brownie" wrote in message
Am I right to say that there is now way of showing the connection
speed to the ADSL line on these routers?

Possibly, possibly not :-) A friend has one of them, and it doesn't show
the sync speed. However, we have not been chasing to find the 'latest'
Belkin firmware, but there was a post in uk.telecom.broadband a while
back (2-3 months perhaps) which indicated someone else had stats. Also, I
think Sunil Sood posted a URL for where to get the firmware, in January.

Thanks for that. I did find a web page that gave hidden pages, but it
didn't include the connection to ISP page. Yes, the 'now' way, was meant
to ne 'no' way - typo.

As Peter indicates, I posted this list of "hidden" pages that exist in the
Belkin 7630 some time ago and which allow users to access some useful
features - so I have no idea why Belkin don't "publically" link to them in
their firmware (which hasn't been updated since September 2004 I think)

From memory (as my Belkin is out on loan) the first one will show the
connection speed of the ADSL line....

----
Login to the router and then go to the following
(assuming http://192.168.2.1/ is the address of your router)

Line Stats (including dB and SNR readings)
http://192.168.2.1/ADSL_status_main.stm

WAN
http://192.168.2.1/atmint.stm/3
http://192.168.2.1/isp.stm

Wireless
http://192.168.2.1/wireless_e.stm
http://192.168.2.1/wireless_wep.stm
http://192.168.2.1/wireless_wpa.stm
http://192.168.2.1/wireless_1X.stm

NAT
http://192.168.2.1/nat_main.stm

Firewall
http://192.168.2.1/firewall_spi_h.stm

ADSL
http://192.168.2.1/adsl_para_main.stm

DDNS
http://192.168.2.1/ddns.stm
----

Regards
Sunil

Old July 12th 05, 05:43 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
poster

On 12 Jul 2005 02:27, "Sunil Sood" wrote:

Line Stats (including dB and SNR readings)
http://192.168.2.1/ADSL_status_main.stm

Thanks for that, Sunil. It's the one which I didn't have listed (having
seen various pages shown, but in a post from Chris (Buckley, I believe).

30 day free trial... http://web.vfm-deals.com/runbox/
Can accept mail for your domain and apply filtering...
Point your MX record to mx.runbox.com and use POP/IMAP...