1 PC, 2 connections - will this be ok?

Old July 11th 05, 01:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default 1 PC, 2 connections - will this be ok?

Hi,

I own a Dell Dimension 4600 PC which has been plugged into a wired
broadband connection in my house at uni for about a year.

I am now living back at home and we are in the process of setting up a
wireless broadband connection for which I will be buying a wireless
network card.

Will alternating between these two "networks" (the wired connection
isn't really a network, just a broadband connection and I have a
feeling the wireless one will be similar) affect my computer and are
there any problems which could occur by having these two connections on
my PC?

Also, will having two broadband packages installed on the PC work? I
think they are both going to be NTL - the wired one certainly is.

Thanks
Rob

Old July 11th 05, 02:09 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article .com,
says...

Will alternating between these two "networks" (the wired connection
isn't really a network, just a broadband connection and I have a
feeling the wireless one will be similar) affect my computer and are
there any problems which could occur by having these two connections on
my PC?

Non at all.

Also, will having two broadband packages installed on the PC work? I
think they are both going to be NTL - the wired one certainly is.

Why would you need to install one at all? All it does is configure your
e-mail client, add a stupid IE logo and possibly crap you don't need or
want.

--
Conor