Slow browsing on ICS

Old July 11th 05, 09:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Trev Smith

Default Slow browsing on ICS

hi all

posted the other day about my ADSL not working in ICS, now have it working
via Avirt soho 4.3, anyway in web browsing and downloading it only works at
speeds of max 36kb/sec strange thing is i updated norton anti virus 2003 via
liveupdate and it was at max speed of 230kb/sec, DOES ANYONE know why this
might be?

it seems it might be some sort of port that has higher speeds or am totally
out of my depth

thanks for any replies

Trevor smith