RJ45 to parallel cable

Old July 16th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

Default RJ45 to parallel cable

I'm looking to connect my Canon LBP-1260 printer to my Netgear DG834G router
so that the printer is available to the whole house - where can I get a
cable that would link the two together?

Thanks

Old July 16th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
McSpreader

"Scooby Doo" wrote in
:

I'm looking to connect my Canon LBP-1260 printer to my Netgear
DG834G router so that the printer is available to the whole
house - where can I get a cable that would link the two
together?

A cable will not be enough. You will need a print server device such
as this http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=322
Old July 17th 05, 12:18 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

"McSpreader" wrote in message
"Scooby Doo" wrote in
:

I'm looking to connect my Canon LBP-1260 printer to my Netgear
DG834G router so that the printer is available to the whole
house - where can I get a cable that would link the two
together?

A cable will not be enough. You will need a print server device such
as this http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=322

I can't tell from the picture but does it also require a power adapter? If
so I'll have to give it a miss. Can you recommend where I can get a usb to
parallel cable instead?

Old July 17th 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
McSpreader

"Scooby Doo" wrote in
:

I can't tell from the picture but does it also require a power
adapter?

Yes it needs power adapter.

If so I'll have to give it a miss.

Only a few watts though - are you that tight :-)

www.google.com

Old July 17th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:18:30 +0100, "Scooby Doo"
wrote:

. Can you recommend where I can get a usb to
parallel cable instead?

would that be like a gas to water pipe connector ? USB and parallel
are different interfaces, you may find a USB to parallel port
convertor that provides enough functionality for a printer but it
might be powered and it might not work with your printer - as the PC
sees a USB virtual driver.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/u...nter_cable.htm looks
promising.

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 17th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Scooby Doo

"McSpreader" wrote in message
"Scooby Doo" wrote in
:

I can't tell from the picture but does it also require a power
adapter?

Yes it needs power adapter.

If so I'll have to give it a miss.

Only a few watts though - are you that tight :-)

Can you recommend
where I can get a usb to parallel cable instead?

www.google.com

No, its nothing to do with the watts - I just don't have anyh more power
slots available where the printer is located.