Sweex LC000070

Old July 26th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Berry

Default Sweex LC000070

Hi All,

Start off with a basic question.
Does anyone have any experience of setting up WDS using two Sweex LC000070
routers ?
No matter what I do, I can't seem to get both routers to talk to each other.

Rgds, S

Old July 26th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve Berry

Hi All again,

Ok. Never mind. Found out the problem ( after two ******* days ).
For anyone else who buys one of these cheapos, please note both of the
routers I bought had the wrong MAC addresses stamped on them ( which caused
me to go through all sorts of mental contortions ) before I sussed it.
Suggestion - If you're trying to get WDS working with these suckers - two
options.
Go to the default router web page http://192.168.123.254
On Wintel, dos shell and do an arp -a ( guess UNIX variants are similar ).
Note the MAC address - that's the correct one.
or
Download/install Network Stumbler & get the MACs that way..

I hesitate to say ****** Taiwanese - sod it-just did.

Rgds, S