Help

Old July 28th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan

Default Help

I've installed a Belkin ADSL modem and router model F5D/7632-4 in my
desktop PC and a Belkin laptop network card model F5D7010 to my laptop.
The wireless connection between both has been working for three days but
today I cannot connect. Probably a dull question but does the weather
have any bearing on the ability to connect to both computers.

I've also find the instructions for this equipment to be poor and being
completely new to wireless networking, I'm unable to make much sense of
how the connecting process is supposed to work. So far, I have had an
automatically connection on the laptop to access the internet and it works
correctly with an icon showing in the taskbar. Not today though, I have
an icon on the desktop of my laptop but clicking on it, only opens it for
a split second before it closes again. Going to start then connect,
doesn't show my network card. I have no icon or reference to Belkin on my
desktop PC at all, although it is connected to the internet via the Belkin
modum. Can anyone please explain the normal process of connecting
wireless connection with this equipment and tell me if I should have
Belkin icons on both pc's.

Regards
AL