NetMeeting Through A Firewall

Old August 1st 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.os.ms-windows
Jeff Gaines

Default NetMeeting Through A Firewall

I am having problems getting NetMeeting to work through the firewall on
my Draytek Vigor, at least at this stage I am assuming it is the Vigor.

If somebody calls me it works fine, but if I make the call the person
at the other end can hear me but I can't hear them.

Anybody any thoughts on what this may be?

I have looked at a couple of MS articles which say:

***************
To establish outbound NetMeeting connections through a firewall, the
firewall must be configured to do the following:
Pass through primary TCP connections on ports 522, 389, 1503, 1720
and 1731.
Pass through secondary UDP connections on dynamically assigned ports
(1024-65535).
***************

But I am puzzled as to why an incoming call works fine but not an
out-going one.

Many thanks.

--
Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
Using XanaNews 1.17.5.7
Old August 1st 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.os.ms-windows
Phil Thompson

On 1 Aug 2005 09:12:37 GMT, "Jeff Gaines"
wrote:

If somebody calls me it works fine, but if I make the call the person
at the other end can hear me but I can't hear them.

Anybody any thoughts on what this may be?

onw way audio is a common issue with firewalls and VoIP type
applications.

Is this to one person or to many ? it maybe that the problem is at
their end and its only outgoing calls that work properly for them.

OTOH if you get this to multiple callers who don't have a problem with
other users it may be you.

section 7 of http://www.gnomemeeting.org/faq/faq.pdf may be helpful.
Note the bit about forwarding as well as opening ports.

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 1st 05, 05:13 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.os.ms-windows
Jeff Gaines

On 01/08/2005 Phil Thompson wrote:

section 7 of http://www.gnomemeeting.org/faq/faq.pdf may be helpful.
Note the bit about forwarding as well as opening ports.

Many thanks, Phil, I have read that and made some adjustments to my
firewall. Hope to do some further testing later!