Can't connect to shared printer

Old August 1st 05, 11:22 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob H

Default Can't connect to shared printer

I have 2 machines each with win2k on them, and a shared printer
connected by USB to machine_1.the printer is recognised on machine_2 ,
but there is a message saying 'Access denied, unable to connect'
Now I know it is something to do with passwords, but where, on which
machine? On both machines I logon by 'Administrator' account, and have
enabled 'user' and 'guest' accounts on both machines. So what am I missing?
thanks
--

Bob H
Leeds UK

Old August 1st 05, 11:45 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jeff Gaines

On 01/08/2005 Bob H wrote:

I have 2 machines each with win2k on them, and a shared printer
connected by USB to machine_1.the printer is recognised on machine_2
, but there is a message saying 'Access denied, unable to connect'
Now I know it is something to do with passwords, but where, on which
machine? On both machines I logon by 'Administrator' account, and
have enabled 'user' and 'guest' accounts on both machines. So what am
I missing? thanks

Have you specifically shared the printer on machine_1?

--
Jeff Gaines - Damerham Hampshire UK
Using XanaNews 1.17.5.7
Old August 1st 05, 12:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Bob H

Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 01/08/2005 Bob H wrote:

I have 2 machines each with win2k on them, and a shared printer
connected by USB to machine_1.the printer is recognised on machine_2
, but there is a message saying 'Access denied, unable to connect'
Now I know it is something to do with passwords, but where, on which
machine? On both machines I logon by 'Administrator' account, and
have enabled 'user' and 'guest' accounts on both machines. So what am
I missing? thanks

Have you specifically shared the printer on machine_1?

Yes I have, in that it is shown as shared. I did get it going on
machine_2 last week, but now it won't. I don't know what i did to get it
working, and so can't do the same again.

Thanks

--

Bob H
Leeds UK