Netgear DG834G v2 idiot's guide missing!

Old August 4th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pikey

Default Netgear DG834G v2 idiot's guide missing!

Hi;

Just updated the firmware for my new router, and now, when I log on as
admin, the "Idiot's Guide" which used to occupy the right hand column of the
web-page is missing, and just says "404 not found".

I remember this happened once before with my last router, also a Netgear;
and I know I was able to sort it; or more likely it sorted itself, but I
have no idea now what I did to get it back.

Can anyone advise?

Regards

Tim

Old August 4th 05, 12:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pikey

Thanks Tony - that explains why I can't remember how it got fixed last time!

Tim

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:20:26 +0200, "Pikey"
wrote:

"404 not found".

Can anyone advise?

That transient error, which I also sometimes see after upgrades, just goes
away after some period of time and maybe some number of reboots. All I
can suggest is patience.

Tony

Old August 4th 05, 09:01 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sunil Sood

"Pikey" wrote in message
Just updated the firmware for my new router, and now, when I log on as
admin, the "Idiot's Guide" which used to occupy the right hand column of
the web-page is missing, and just says "404 not found".

I remember this happened once before with my last router, also a Netgear;
and I know I was able to sort it; or more likely it sorted itself, but I
have no idea now what I did to get it back.

Can anyone advise?

Clearing your browsers cache should fix it - especially if using Firefox.

Regards
Sunil

Old August 5th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Pikey

Don't know where the 404 came from (although I looked at the source, and it
seemed to be hard written); but clearing the cache did the trick.

Thanks!

Old August 6th 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Steve West

wrote:

Hi;

Just updated the firmware for my new router, and now, when I log on as
admin, the "Idiot's Guide" which used to occupy the right hand column of the
web-page is missing, and just says "404 not found".

I remember this happened once before with my last router, also a Netgear;
and I know I was able to sort it; or more likely it sorted itself, but I
have no idea now what I did to get it back.

Can anyone advise?

Regards

Tim

Mine did the same after upgrading the firmware. Rebooting the router
sorted it out in my case

cheers
Old August 7th 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Sunil Sood

"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message
"404 not found".

Clearing your browsers cache should fix it - especially if using Firefox.

Interesting theory. Where do you believe that 404 message originated?

I'm sure the 404 comes from the firmware

However, according to the Netgear forums clearing the cache often "fixes"
the problem - especially if using Firefox.

I presume there is something different with the way Firefox caches pages
compared to IE which seems not to have this issue.

I have certainly had this error appear while using Firefox while IE works
fine both before and afterwards etc.

Regards
Sunil