OT? The new ZoneAlarm v6 - anyone had any problems?

Old August 4th 05, 07:04 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Sayers

Default OT? The new ZoneAlarm v6 - anyone had any problems?

A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded it but not
installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems? Judging by new versions
released in the past there can be glitches..

--

Andrew Sayers

Politics: def. poly:many; tics:blood-sucking parasites
Old August 4th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan Walker

Andrew Sayers wrote:
A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded
it but not installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems?
Judging by new versions released in the past there can be glitches..

Works fine for me, though an increase in the number of confirmation pop-ups
due to new features.

--
Alan

(viciously spam-filtered)

Old August 4th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian

"Alan Walker" mentioned:
Andrew Sayers wrote:
A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded
it but not installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems?
Judging by new versions released in the past there can be glitches..

Works fine for me, though an increase in the number of confirmation pop-ups
due to new features.

If I installed the Ver 6 firewall, would my Ver 5 antivirus still
work? Can't find an answer on the ZA site.

Old August 4th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Alan Walker

Brian wrote:
"Alan Walker" mentioned:
Andrew Sayers wrote:
A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded
it but not installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems?
Judging by new versions released in the past there can be glitches..

Works fine for me, though an increase in the number of confirmation
pop-ups due to new features.

If I installed the Ver 6 firewall, would my Ver 5 antivirus still
work? Can't find an answer on the ZA site.

I installed 6 as an upgrade from 5 and everything's still there and working.

--
Alan

(viciously spam-filtered)

Old August 4th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Brian

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 20:22:00 GMT, "Alan Walker"
wrote:

Brian wrote:
"Alan Walker" mentioned:
Andrew Sayers wrote:
A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded
it but not installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems?
Judging by new versions released in the past there can be glitches..

Works fine for me, though an increase in the number of confirmation
pop-ups due to new features.

If I installed the Ver 6 firewall, would my Ver 5 antivirus still
work? Can't find an answer on the ZA site.

I installed 6 as an upgrade from 5 and everything's still there and working.

Ta! I'll try tomorrow.
Old August 4th 05, 11:40 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Andrew Sayers

"Alan Walker" wrote:

Andrew Sayers wrote:
A new version of ZoneAlarm has been released (v6.x). I've downloaded
it but not installed it yet. Anyone tried it and found any problems?
Judging by new versions released in the past there can be glitches..

Works fine for me, though an increase in the number of confirmation pop-ups
due to new features.

Thanks - I'll give it a go tomorrow.