shared connection prob

Old August 5th 05, 01:51 PM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Gorzzz

Default shared connection prob

Hi Everyone,
I'm having a problem with sharing my internet connection with my nephew's
puter.....they can see & share files with each other, but my nephews puter
can't access the net.....my dialup connection is shared, so he should be
able to get on the net.....knowing me, I've overlook something inbetween
(grrr).
My puter's running xp pro with sp1, my nephew's running xp home with xp2.
Any idea's out there???
Thanks
gorzzz

Old August 10th 05, 07:53 AM posted to comp.networks,comp.os.ms-windows.networking,uk.comp.home-networking
Comptec

Perhaps you can provide some more information such as "ipconfig /all" for
each machine. Oh and do all that only after you are connected into the
Internet.

Paste it here and someone should be able to help out.

news:[email protected] eranews...