B&Q / Tower 160x50mm trunking / Anyone familiar with range?

Old August 5th 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Woodbine

Default B&Q / Tower 160x50mm trunking / Anyone familiar with range?

I'm sure this is on-topic, as I'm networking a home :-) If there's a
better newsgroup please let me know.

Is anyone familiar with B&Q's range of Tower trunking? They're selling
it in a superstore here (Durham).

I've used the 160x50mm stuff to put a few sockets around a home office.
I need a T-piece to join two horizontal parts. The only T-piece they
do (Part no 479345) points downover. I need the T-piece to go upover.

Because of edges, it's not possible to simply turn over the T-piece and
use it upside down. B&Q have suggested I buy the wrong T-piece and
another horizontal part and bodge something together. They admit this
will cost me an extra 25 and won't be a perfect fit, but it's all they
can come up with.

Anyone know an alternate supplier for Tower trunking (160x50mm), or if
there's a catalogue available? Neither Tower or B&Q have been able to
help with this.

Thanks in advance :-)
Old August 5th 05, 09:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Keith

In message , George Woodbine
writes
I'm sure this is on-topic, as I'm networking a home :-) If there's a
better newsgroup please let me know.

Is anyone familiar with B&Q's range of Tower trunking? They're selling
it in a superstore here (Durham).

I've used the 160x50mm stuff to put a few sockets around a home office.
I need a T-piece to join two horizontal parts. The only T-piece they
do (Part no 479345) points downover. I need the T-piece to go upover.

Because of edges, it's not possible to simply turn over the T-piece and
use it upside down.

Fit the T piece facing down, turn the whole lot upside down, then rotate
the sockets to right-way up?

--
Keith
Old August 7th 05, 12:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
George Woodbine

Keith wrote:

Fit the T piece facing down, turn the whole lot upside down, then rotate
the sockets to right-way up?

Hi Keith,

Something I want to do as a last resort, through principle if nothing else.

The way I've the horizontal pieces fitted is correct as indicated by the
correct left/right end pieces, and the overall look. I refuse to
believe a supplier of trunking only does a T-piece facing in one
direction, as I'm familiar with umpteen installations where T-pieces in
both directions are common.

I'll see what B&Q come back with during the week...

Thanks for the reply though