BT Voyager 205 and Open Ports

Old August 7th 05, 08:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

Default BT Voyager 205 and Open Ports

A friend of mine has an ADSL connection with BT and uses the supplied
BT Voyager 205 router.

I want to connect to his computer with VNC but as he is behind a
router we need to open up the VNC port

He is not too au faix with computers so it is difficult for me to talk
him through something I am not familiar with, via the phone I got him
to connect to 192.168.1.1 but he could not find a configuration page.

Anyone familiar with this router and able to point me in the direction
to open up the VNC ports.

Geoff Lane

Old August 8th 05, 10:29 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 20:49:50 +0100, Geoff Lane
wrote:

He is not too au faix with computers so it is difficult for me to talk
him through something I am not familiar with, via the phone I got him
to connect to 192.168.1.1 but he could not find a configuration page.

Anyone familiar with this router and able to point me in the direction
to open up the VNC ports.

http://www.portforward.com/btvoyager/205adsl.htm

specifically
http://www.portforward.com/english/r...ger205/VNC.htm

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 9th 05, 09:34 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Geoff Lane

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:29:38 +0100, Phil Thompson
wrote:

Anyone familiar with this router and able to point me in the direction
to open up the VNC ports.

specifically
http://www.portforward.com/english/r...ger205/VNC.htm

Thanks Phil, that is very helpful.