ADSL DATA problem (loss of connection) with Belkin F5D7630-4A

Old August 8th 05, 08:02 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default ADSL DATA problem (loss of connection) with Belkin F5D7630-4A

Hi!

I'm trying to solve this problem for my landlord. The problem is that
the ADSL DATA LED goes out on his Belkin F5D7630-4A ADSL modem sometime
after the computer (Win XP machine) is switched off, so that when next
he tries to switch on the PC there is no NET access. The only way to
solve the problem it seems is to restart the modem, typically by
pulling out the power cord and reinserting it (a sort of reboot).

Anyone had this/know how to solve this problem?

Thanks

- Olumide

Old August 8th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article .com,
says...
Hi!

I'm trying to solve this problem for my landlord. The problem is that
the ADSL DATA LED goes out on his Belkin F5D7630-4A ADSL modem sometime
after the computer (Win XP machine) is switched off, so that when next
he tries to switch on the PC there is no NET access. The only way to
solve the problem it seems is to restart the modem, typically by
pulling out the power cord and reinserting it (a sort of reboot).

Anyone had this/know how to solve this problem?

Log onto Router. Click Connection Type under "Internet WAN". Don't
change whatever option is selected on the next screen and click Next.
On the next screen untick "Dial on Demand" and set the Idle Time to
30000. Click next etc, not changing anything then save settings and
reboot.

--
Conor

Old August 10th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Thanks guys!

Theres one little problem. My landlord doesnt have the pasword to the
router, and althoigh I know I can press the reset button my fear is
that doing so will wipe all the network settings on the box i.e. info
to the ISP etc. Are my fears justified? What do you think I should do?

Many thanks.

- Olumide

Old August 11th 05, 03:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
bad_skipper

oups.com...

http://pwswitch.republika.pl/images/reseter00-75.jpg

--