panel mounted RJ45 socket

Old August 9th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
none

Default panel mounted RJ45 socket

Hi,

I'm trying to source a panel (2.5mm thick) mounted RJ45 ethernet
socket, ideally a back to back socket, but I would use a socket to
cable.
(In fact the PERFECT thing would be a panel mounted socket with about
20-30cm of cable and a plug)

All I can seem to find is large weatherproof panel mounted things. I
need the max panel usage in shortest direction to be of the order of
15-17mm.

Can anyone point me to a source.

Thanks.

Old August 9th 05, 05:16 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Phil Thompson

On 9 Aug 2005 08:33:49 -0700, "none" wrote:

ideally a back to back socket,

like a coupler to fit between two male plugs ??

Phil
--
Remember - Global Warming is only a weather forecast :-)
Old August 9th 05, 09:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Owen Rees

On 9 Aug 2005 08:33:49 -0700, "none" wrote in
.com:

Can anyone point me to a source.

I am not really sure I understand what you are looking for, but Google
for "panel mount rj45 socket" turned up a link that led to
http://www.gtk.co.uk/network/couplers/panel.htm but that looks like a
trade supplier who will not be interested small orders.

Screwfix deal in small quantities over the net and they have some RJ45
kit but I don't know if it is what you are looking for.

--
Owen Rees
[one of] my preferred email address[es] and more stuff can be
Old August 10th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
none

Hi owen,

That is almost exactly what I want, in fact I have one from that link
here from RS.

However, it's a pig to fit to a panel. I had one before that had a blue
plastic piece with it, it was a damn chinese puzzle to work out how to
fit. The RS one has no blue bit, and isn't really any good for 2.5mm
panels.

That kind of thing tho.

I did google a fair bit, but I got the other IP67 industrial one
mostly.