getting 2 PCs to talk...

Old August 10th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
`..`. \(\(\(\(

Default getting 2 PCs to talk...

Hi,

I have two PCs on a network sharing my Broadband via a 1 port router and
network hub

I want to be able to share files and the printer, but when I confirger the
LAN, it knocks out my B.B.

The IPs a 192.168.0.1 & .2
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Workgroup: home
1 PC is XP Home and the other is Windows ME.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.