DrayTek Vigor 2600 Multi-Nat/DMZ/VLAN Question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29th 05, 12:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Lee

Default DrayTek Vigor 2600 Multi-Nat/DMZ/VLAN Question

Hi,

I'm getting broadband with multiple static public IPs, and I'm thinking
of getting a Vigor 2600 to go with this. Can I do the following with a
2600?

(a) I want to run 3 private subnets (say 192.168.0.0/24, 192.168.1.0/24
and 192.168.2.0/24) using the VLAN functionality. My aim is to
segregate 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.2.0/24 addresses, but allow both
access to the Internet and 192.168.0.0/24 addresses.

(b) I also want all outbound Internet traffic from the 192.168.1.0/24
subnet to appear to the outside world to come from public IP address #1
and all 192.168.2.0/24 traffic to come from public IP address #2.

(c) I also want to set up port forwarding on public IP address #1 to
machines in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet and on public IP address #2 to
192.168.2.0/24.

(d) I may also need to route public IP address #3 straight to one of my
VLANs. (And perhaps IP address #4 to another VLAN.)

The big question is can I do all of this at the same time?

I've being doing quite a bit of research, but I can't quite convince
myself that I can do what I want. In particular, the Vigor 2600 manual
I downloaded implies that I need to set up a DMZ to get web requests
etc. to appear to come from a specific IP address. Is this true, or can
I just do some magic with the "Join NAT IP Pool" option?

If I can't do this with the 2600, does anyone know what hardware I can
do it with?

Any comments will be very much appreciated; networking isn't my
strongest point.

Thanks!
- Lee