Which ISP's install thier own equipment for ADSL2+ ?

Old February 23rd 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
_

Default Which ISP's install thier own equipment for ADSL2+ ?

I'm told there are no plans for BT to upgrade any exchanges in Brighton for
some time but apparenely one or more ISP's plan to install thier own
equipment for ADSL2. Anyone know anything about this ?

Old February 24th 06, 11:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

someone wrote:

I'm told there are no plans for BT to upgrade any exchanges in Brighton
for some time but apparenely one or more ISP's plan to install their own
equipment for ADSL2. Anyone know anything about this ?

You might try checking www.samknows.com

As for what BT is doing, ADSLguide(.org) suggests that many exchanges in
the UK will be capable of up to 8000 kbps from March/April, so much will
depend on which particular exchange you are connected to... I suspect a
good chance of high speeds from Kemp Town, so what exchange are you on ?

Old February 24th 06, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
_

"Peter M" wrote in message
someone wrote:

I'm told there are no plans for BT to upgrade any exchanges in Brighton
for some time but apparenely one or more ISP's plan to install their own
equipment for ADSL2. Anyone know anything about this ?

You might try checking www.samknows.com

As for what BT is doing, ADSLguide(.org) suggests that many exchanges in
the UK will be capable of up to 8000 kbps from March/April, so much will
depend on which particular exchange you are connected to... I suspect a
good chance of high speeds from Kemp Town, so what exchange are you on ?

Oh well better than 2meg anyway. Withdean is my exchange. Where is the info
about this on adsl guide ?

When you type in 'adsl2 brighton' in google the first link says Brighton and
Croyden exchanges have now become active...in Australia though ;-)

Obvioulsy we are getting very much behind with adsl2 than many countries in
Europe. Australia seem to be well ahead of us also...

Old February 24th 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"_" wrote in message ...

"Peter M" wrote in message
someone wrote:

[...]

Estimated date exchange will have DSL MAX capability for Withdean is 31st
March
http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/...lugin=ma xdsl

Depends on your ISP though as to when you can actually get it

Old February 24th 06, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"_" wrote in message ...

"Peter M" wrote in message
someone wrote:

[...]

P.S That should read Max DSL - I think DSL MAX sounds better, more like a
superhero :-)

Old February 24th 06, 01:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
_

"_" wrote in message ...

"Peter M" wrote in message
someone wrote:

[...]

That's good to know then, thanbks for the info Nicola !

Btw 'Be internet' will activate Withdean for ADSL2 / so 24Mbit connection in
September I've just found out. Price will still be 24 a month

Old February 24th 06, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Nicola Redwood wrote:
Estimated date exchange will have DSL MAX capability for Withdean is 31st
March

Every exchange I've looked at has that date, so it is probably just a
date by which they expect to have done all of them.

-- Richard