BT Broadband Voice

Old February 24th 06, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

Default BT Broadband Voice

Has anyone got this?

How does it perform?

--

R. Mark Clayton

remove nospa for email

Old February 24th 06, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Has anyone got this?

How does it perform?

Worked just fine for me - though I diddn't use it a lot.
Its big advantage IMO is that it's a worldwide portable UK phone line,
that you just plug any phone into, and it just works, without needing a
computer running.
Old February 24th 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

Ian Stirling wrote:

Its big advantage IMO is that it's a worldwide portable UK phone line,
that you just plug any phone into, and it just works, without needing
a computer running.

but isn't this (for incoming calls) using an 05x number, at 5p/min all
the time, unavailable to callers on NTL, and perhaps undiallable from
abroad, compared with some alternative firms.

Various hardware devices are available, using SIP, allowing use to be
able to easily switch from one service provider to another, unlike the
BBV unit.

For the original poster...

Many more VoIP users can be found in uk.telecom.voip
to give comments on alternative firms/hardware.