Jajah - VOIP or not VOIP, that's the question

Old February 24th 06, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

Default Jajah - VOIP or not VOIP, that's the question

Have somebody out there already used or subscribed to Jajah?
http://www.jajah.com/

Looks very simple: no software needed, no hardware needed:
Just enter your number (landline, mobile) and the calling number on a web
page, and both get connceted at "cheap" Voip rates

Apart from some concerns I have about security (how can they avoid that
somebody else uses your phonenumber to place calls), I wonder wether this is
a VOIP service or not.
In other words: are the 2 landlines connected via the internet, or is it
really phone to phone

The info on their website is conflicting:

a) They say it is VOIP:
quote"
JAJAH introduces global VoIP telephony between normal landline and mobile
phones - without software download, installation process and headsets.

b) They say it is not VOIP
quote"
Is my conversation secured when I use JAJAH?
Since JAJAH offers phone-to-phone services, the conversation is as secured
as any other call you make from the same phone.

Old February 24th 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:55:40 +0100, "Philippe Deleye"
wrote:

Have somebody out there already used or subscribed to Jajah?
http://www.jajah.com/

Looks very simple: no software needed, no hardware needed:
Just enter your number (landline, mobile) and the calling number on a web
page, and both get connceted at "cheap" Voip rates

Apart from some concerns I have about security (how can they avoid that
somebody else uses your phonenumber

Simple. It just isn't possible for someone to do that.
When you place a call it literally is from your landline phone to
another landline phone - NOT from your computer to a landline phone.
When you place a call your phone wil ring - when you lift your
receiver the other party's phone will ring. If you were to enter
someone elses number then you would be routing them not yourself.
I suppose, if you were naughty, it would be a good way of connecting
two other people together for whatever reason you might have.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.