Zen snatches three gongs at ISPAs

Old February 24th 06, 03:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

Default Zen snatches three gongs at ISPAs

Lancashire-based ISP Zen Internet walked away with three awards last night
as the UK's internet industry came together to celebrate another year in
business.

Established in 1995 and one of the UK's oldest ISPs, Zen snapped up the
award for the Best Uncontended Service, Best Heavy Business Broadband and
Best Business ISP.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/24/zen_ispas/

www.zen.co.uk

**SS**

Old February 24th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Lancashire-based ISP Zen Internet walked away with three awards last night
as the UK's internet industry came together to celebrate another year in
business.

Established in 1995 and one of the UK's oldest ISPs, Zen snapped up the
award for the Best Uncontended Service, Best Heavy Business Broadband and
Best Business ISP.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02/24/zen_ispas/

Glad I am with them, where did BT come in that? what awards did they get?

Glad I left BT, the only problem with Zen is you never get to contact them
as the service never goes down, well not for me anyway.

Pity really as I understand their support is really good and is based in
England.

Keep up the good work Zen.

We get what we pay for, quality.

Old February 24th 06, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "It's Me"
opened his gob and said:

We get what we pay for, quality.

They've brought in usage limits for their MaxDSL 8MB service!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old February 24th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Dr Teeth wrote:

We get what we pay for, quality.

They've brought in usage limits for their MaxDSL 8MB service!

Yes, you get what you pay for. You can pay more for more usage.

-- Richard
Old February 24th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dennis

(Richard Tobin) opened his gob and said:

Yes, you get what you pay for. You can pay more for more usage.

I suppose you'd have us all on PAYG!

--
Cheers,

Guy

ISPs really got caught out when they advertised UNLIMITED usage, then
couldn't provide the service customers had a contract with them to receive!
That's when BT started thinking the word unlimited meant limited to a
certain extent as and when it suited them. Then other ISPs in a panic that
their crap systems would be exposed introduced something called Fair Use
Policy. That was so they could blame people that used the service they were
paying for when the ISP was exposed for being rubbish!
If the ISP is fair and states clearly what the prices are for the various
amounts of use then great, people will pay - but for ISPs to say "unlimited"
then impose limits, that's bad!

You also have to look at how many other ISPs have also won awards that have
similar names to each other. It's the same as when TV and radio stations
all win awards and computer magazines give awards out depending on who pays
for advertising!

I don't know anyone that has ever had an ISP survey by any independant
company so would suggest the results are just invented.

Old February 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Dr Teeth wrote:

Yes, you get what you pay for. You can pay more for more usage.

I suppose you'd have us all on PAYG!

I don't care how *you* pay, but I'd certainly prefer not to be
subsidising other people who transfer far more data than I do.

-- Richard
Old February 24th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Dennis" wrote in message

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
[...]

Quoted from BT support today, which made me laugh a lot

"We strive to provide the best possible service for our customers but can't
guarantee a fault free service. Service quality varies depending on many
factors including demand. Our targets are commercially confidential, but
industry reports suggest our level of service is comparable, and possibly
better, than many other major ISP's."

Old February 24th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Dr Teeth wrote:

I don't care how *you* pay, but I'd certainly prefer not to be
subsidising other people who transfer far more data than I do.

Carry that thought with you in life vis-a-vis TV licence, taxes
(paying for families with loads of kids) etc etc, and let it eat you
alive. Life is unfair, get used to it and get a grip!

I thought you were just complaining about Zen having usage charges?
It seems that it's you who's going to have to get used to it.

With luck we'll soon get banks that pay good interest on current
accounts but charge for withdrawals etc.

-- Richard