Sipgate Problems

Old February 24th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

Default Sipgate Problems

Ivor, if you have any influence with Sipgate, could you please try and
get them to sort out their problems as quickly as possible. The thought
of Dexter crowing for the next 5 years about how right he was, is giving
me nightmares.

Old February 24th 06, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"GwG" wrote in message

Ivor, if you have any influence with Sipgate, could you
please try and get them to sort out their problems as
quickly as possible. The thought of Dexter crowing for
the next 5 years about how right he was, is giving me
nightmares.

How do you think I feel..?!

All I can say is that they are well aware of the problems. If as many
people as possible who are experiencing problems submit reports to tech
support it will help, shouting on here is less beneficial, although they
do read this group.

Ivor

Old February 24th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:30:24 +0000, wrote:

It's a funny thing, but I still thing you are wrong. I don't seem to
have any problems with Sipgate at all. It just works.

Maybe you are one of the lucky ones who never gets problems with
Sipgate .
The fact that they run the operation on the cheap, spend next to
nothing on advertising and don't have a huge sales and support
operation in the UK may seem like a drawback to you,

The main drawbacks for me was the fact that they did not offer a
single contact number apart from the shaky service and rubbish
voicemail , if you wanted to contact them you had to **** about
writing emails .
I mostly use voip.co.uk for outgoing calls,

Well they haven't fully got the seal of approval from me yet even if I
did buy a second number from them which has knocked my first line
completely out. If I re boot my Sipura 2000 the line stays alive for
around ten minutes then dies and if I take the new number out of my
other Sipura the first number I got stays active permanently, they are
going to be working on the problem over the weekend. but they do offer
a geo contact number and Chris at UK Voip is most helpful .
because they are cheaper
than Sipgate, but the sipgate account gets a good few incoming calls,
with never a problem.

We use the two Freetalk lines for incoming mostly and FT, Voipchep and
Internet calls for outgoing .

I can't believe you fell for that one Dexter!

Old February 25th 06, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Joe Harrison

I too got the "fixed in a couple of weeks" e-mail on my problem about no
incoming calls so I hope it comes good.

My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has to
dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before actually
getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had got rid of
those huge NTL phone bills

Joe

Old February 27th 06, 09:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris S

JH My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has
JH to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before
JH actually getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had
JH got rid of those huge NTL phone bills

hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me £100odd a
year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently someone
tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!

Old February 27th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Keith Lawrence

"Chris S" wrote ...

JH My wife has started to use analog line again because she says she has
JH to dial each call three or four times getting fast-busy tone before
JH actually getting through. I really don't want this as I thought I had
JH got rid of those huge NTL phone bills

hah, snap , i wanted to get rid of my ntl phone line to save me £100odd a
year, but other half doesn't think sipgate is up to much, apparently

someone
tried to call us 4 times on sunday, and kept getting unobtainable tone!

At the present time Sipgate are complete rubbish and totally unusable. I'm
slowly erroding the credit I gave them, mainly on p*ssing off who I am
trying to phone with silent calls that don't connect my side. I tried
ringing back into my PSTN here as a test, that was 'engaged', so I rang my
mobile - which rang (but not on the Sipgate phone) and I answered - with no
actually connection before the Sipgate gave me an 'engaged' tone! Yup, there
goes another 10p on the Sipgate bill for a 7 second phone call that failed
:-)

Keith L

Old February 27th 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Keith Lawrence:
"Chris S" wrote ...

[...]

All that you describe sounds simply as you have not configured your system
properly.

Old February 27th 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Keith Lawrence

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote

All that you describe sounds simply as you have not configured
your system properly.

Oh of course, it must be a silly user error! It's a good one though, the
same SPA works perfectly on the other (non Sipgate) line, if I'm calling in
or out of the Sipgate line to another VOIP provider then that works
perfectly. Plus of course it's intermittent, it magically fixes and breaks
itself all on it's own - I can't even get a Sipgate call to route to my
mobile all of a sudden.

But if course it must be a user error, it cannot possibly be anything to do
with the Sipgate = PSTN gateway can it :-)

Sipgate and Netgear TA612V problems Stephen Peterson uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 9 September 15th 05 10:25 PM
sipgate SK uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 0 September 8th 05 07:24 PM
Sipgate: Problems calling in? Joel uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 8 June 13th 05 08:31 PM
Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!! David Floyd uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 3 May 11th 05 03:27 PM