Zen Take down notice

Old February 24th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AJB

Default Zen Take down notice

Over the last few days i have recieved 2 take down notices from Zen after
being reported to them by Symantec.
They say that i have been distributing Norton antivirus over Edonkey but i
don't have any Norton products on
my computer , nor am i trying to download it. I do use Edonkey , so how is
this happening ?

Andy.

Old February 24th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Downie

AJB wrote:
Over the last few days i have recieved 2 take down notices from Zen
after being reported to them by Symantec.
They say that i have been distributing Norton antivirus over Edonkey
but i don't have any Norton products on
my computer , nor am i trying to download it. I do use Edonkey , so
how is this happening ?

Assuming that Edonkey is a file sharing program, I would suspect as some
point you may have downloaded it (even if you're not using it) and now
Edonkey is sharing it on a peer-to-peer basis becasue it's in your shared
folder.

Have a look!

Tim

Old February 24th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
AJB

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
AJB wrote:
Over the last few days i have recieved 2 take down notices from Zen
after being reported to them by Symantec.
They say that i have been distributing Norton antivirus over Edonkey
but i don't have any Norton products on
my computer , nor am i trying to download it. I do use Edonkey , so
how is this happening ?

Assuming that Edonkey is a file sharing program, I would suspect as some
point you may have downloaded it (even if you're not using it) and now
Edonkey is sharing it on a peer-to-peer basis becasue it's in your shared
folder.

Have a look!

Tim
No , definately not in my shared folder.

Andy.

Old February 25th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dennis

"AJB" wrote in message

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
AJB wrote:
Over the last few days i have recieved 2 take down notices from Zen
after being reported to them by Symantec.
They say that i have been distributing Norton antivirus over Edonkey
but i don't have any Norton products on
my computer , nor am i trying to download it. I do use Edonkey , so
how is this happening ?

Assuming that Edonkey is a file sharing program, I would suspect as some
point you may have downloaded it (even if you're not using it) and now
Edonkey is sharing it on a peer-to-peer basis becasue it's in your shared
folder.

Have a look!

Tim
No , definately not in my shared folder.

Andy.

You might be acting as a type of node or ultrapeer, so everyone searching
will see you as hosting everything held by hundreds of people connecting to
you!
Change your settings and ask the ISP for proof - a lot of ISPs look for ways
of throwing customers off once locked into 12months contract. It saves
bandwidth and gives income for nothing.

Old February 25th 06, 07:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg

"Dennis" wrote in message
news

"AJB" wrote in message

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
AJB wrote:
[...]

No contracts with Zen AFAIK

Old February 25th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SecretSquiddle

"Reg" wrote in message

"Dennis" wrote in message
news

"AJB" wrote in message

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
AJB wrote:
[...]

1 month contracts with Zen. They know that they provide a good service, so
don't need to lock people in. People stay with Zen because of the quality of
service, uncapped usage, and reliability.

Zen are also fair when they issue warnings. Remove Edonkey from your system,
and inform Zen you have done this. That should be the end of the matter.

**SS**

Old February 25th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Zen are also fair when they issue warnings. Remove Edonkey from your system,
and inform Zen you have done this. That should be the end of the matter.

If nothing else, install PeerGuardian2* and move over to one of the
networks that hasn`t been sued yet (bittorrent is harder to pin down
afaik) :-}

http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---
Old February 26th 06, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Zen are also fair when they issue warnings. Remove Edonkey from your
system,
and inform Zen you have done this. That should be the end of the matter.

If nothing else, install PeerGuardian2* and move over to one of the
networks that hasn`t been sued yet (bittorrent is harder to pin down
afaik) :-}

http://peerguardian.sourceforge.net

--
--- Please add "newsgroup" in the subject of any personal replies ---
--- My anti-spam address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ---

Or Blocklist Manager / Protowall
http://www.bluetack.co.uk
Blocklist Manager also intergrates with PeerGuardian2

Old March 3rd 06, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:55:29 -0000, AJB wrote:

Over the last few days i have recieved 2 take down notices from Zen after
being reported to them by Symantec.
They say that i have been distributing Norton antivirus over Edonkey but i
don't have any Norton products on
my computer , nor am i trying to download it. I do use Edonkey , so how is
this happening ?

Andy.

Take off Edonkey.. and install Emule Plus instead.. use the "tools" provided to
prevent IP from seeing you.