Netgear DG834G

Old February 26th 06, 12:27 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
pauld

Default Netgear DG834G

I am about to set up a home network for a mate of mine. I have
successfully set up a network before using this ADSL router, one pc
wired and two laptops wireless.

I would like to know if it possible to set up a home network that is
totally wireless, using this router (and the wireless adaptors)?

Many thanks
Old February 26th 06, 12:38 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
WhiteDwarf

Yes, I did this 2 weeks ago for a friend. Initially I connected an
ethernet cable from my laptop to the router to configure it. After
that no wires and she is happy wit the set up. I don't know if it
would be possible to do the whole thing with no wires from scratch.
Maybe, since the wireless is 'open' by default. Try it - but take a
spare cable and laptop with you just in case !!