DTMF (via Fritz!Box 7050) - Sipdiscount not working

Old February 26th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Maurer

Default DTMF (via Fritz!Box 7050) - Sipdiscount not working

Hello,

i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones) via Fritz!Box 7050 and
Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the tones.

Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ? Can i change /
enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i already have telnet access...) ?

Regards,

Martin

Old February 26th 06, 12:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:53:38 -0000, Martin Maurer
wrote:

Hello,

i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones) via Fritz!Box 7050
and
Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the tones.

Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ? Can i change /
enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i already have telnet access...) ?

Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

Alan.

Old February 26th 06, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

news[email protected]
wrote:

Hello,

i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones)
via Fritz!Box 7050 and
Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the
tones. Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ?
Can i change / enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i
already have telnet access...) ?

Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to
'SIPinfo'. For a full explanation see Alex's earlier
post.

Unfortunately, this is not a settable parameter on the Fritz!Box range.
I'm surprised, but there it is. I confess have no problems with sending
DTMF on my unit (the non wireless version) anyway, not that that's much
help ;-)

Ivor

Old February 26th 06, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin Maurer

Hello,

Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

Can you point me to the earlier post ? What was the subject ? At what date /
time ?
I searched all my news and also via google, but haven't found any info,
which is related to Fritz!Box 7050...

And even in my menues of FBF 7050, there is no menu item "SIPinfo"...

Regards,

Martin

Old February 26th 06, 04:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

Hello,

i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones)
via Fritz!Box 7050 and
Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the
tones. Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ?
Can i change / enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i
already have telnet access...) ?

Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to
'SIPinfo'. For a full explanation see Alex's earlier
post.

Unfortunately, this is not a settable parameter on the Fritz!Box range.
I'm surprised, but there it is. I confess have no problems with sending
DTMF on my unit (the non wireless version) anyway, not that that's much
help ;-)

Ivor

Is there an rfc82xx (or something like that) setting?
This is required for some codecs.
Old February 28th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Martin,

The 7050 does generate DTMF. The only reason it would not work is if
the Sip provider did not support it.

regards,

charles
www.advancedts.com

Old February 28th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alan Foster

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:00:17 -0000, Martin Maurer
wrote:

Hello,

Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

Can you point me to the earlier post ? What was the subject ? At what
date /
time ?
I searched all my news and also via google, but haven't found any info,
which is related to Fritz!Box 7050...

And even in my menues of FBF 7050, there is no menu item "SIPinfo"...

Regards,

Martin

Not surprised you couldn't find it... the post (last Sunday) was actually
'How can I stop the echo' and it sort of bubbled over on to dtmf tones!
Hope that helps.

Alan.