Free services to landlines Q

Old February 26th 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
old man

Default Free services to landlines Q

Hi,
regarding several providers eg voipcheap etc (They all seem to use the same
web design page for their rates)
that offer free calls to many country landlines.
Are these calls time limited?
I seem to have read something about 1 min only.
Is there a catch?
ie free till they get off the ground
TY

Old February 26th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Salvador Freemanson [email protected]

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 13:40:27 GMT, "old man"
wrote:

Hi,
regarding several providers eg voipcheap etc (They all seem to use the same
web design page for their rates)
that offer free calls to many country landlines.
Are these calls time limited?
I seem to have read something about 1 min only.
Is there a catch?
ie free till they get off the ground
TY

I don't about voipcheap, but netappel limits to 1 minute unliess take
out some credit.Then it is ulimited. You have four months to use the
credit - e.g for calling mobiles.
Old February 26th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

Hi,
regarding several providers eg voipcheap etc (They all seem to use the same
web design page for their rates)

Some of them use the same design of web page because they are the same
parent company. Some, afaik, such as voipcheap, come out of the
18185/1899/18866 stable.
that offer free calls to many country landlines.
Are these calls time limited?

The offers vary. They can be limited to 1 minute, unless you register
when you can then get free calls beyond that time. Voipstunt have been
offering free calls without registration. It won't be just marketing
but they need to try things out first and what better way than
offering free calls.
I seem to have read something about 1 min only.
Is there a catch?

No, only that once you have registered they can change their T&Cs -
such as introducing an expiry time on your credit (voipbuster) or
removing the free calls - OK if you've been getting free calls for a
while but if you've just registered then no so good.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old February 26th 06, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
old man

OK - follow up Q
I have Skype installed, if I install one of these will it;
1) Remove Skype or
2) bugger up Skype or
3) can they coexist?

TY

Old February 26th 06, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

It should not touch skype.. Although i wish it did
Old February 27th 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
My Name

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:30:49 GMT, "old man"
wrote:

OK - follow up Q
I have Skype installed, if I install one of these will it;
1) Remove Skype or
2) bugger up Skype or
3) can they coexist?

They can co-exist no problem

Old February 27th 06, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:

OK - follow up Q
I have Skype installed, if I install one of these will
it; 1) Remove Skype or
2) bugger up Skype or
3) can they coexist?

They can co-exist no problem

There is a known bug that can cause problems if Skype and X-Lite are
running on the same machine.

Ivor