VOIP numbers cannot be dialed from telewest

Old February 26th 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul woolley

Default VOIP numbers cannot be dialed from telewest

hi there

got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok from my mobile but not
from my telewest landline, any ideas ?

paul

Old February 26th 06, 09:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"paul woolley" wrote in message
. uk
hi there

got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok
from my mobile but not from my telewest landline, any
ideas ?
paul

How long ago did you activate the number..? Sometimes it can take a ferw
hours for it to propagate across the system. Try again later, if it still
doesn't work you'll have to ask TW why.

Ivor

Old February 26th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

paul woolley wrote:
got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok from my mobile but not
from my telewest landline, any ideas ?

What are the next three digits of the 01925 number? Perhaps the operator
supplying Tesco has not notified other operators of the range(s) or
Telehouse has just not datafilled them.
Old February 26th 06, 11:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh :
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 22:07:41 +0000, Paul Cupis

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 21:31:06 GMT, "paul woolley"
wrote:
got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok from my
mobile but not from my telewest landline, any ideas ?

Can't see anything about voip on the tesco site how did you come by
this number .

"Internet Phone" is linked from
http://www.tesco.com/telecoms/

Looks like they are expecting you to buy a phone of them besides
subscribing to the service it isn't available round here anyway so it
seems .
Thanks for the info anyway .

Plus they are toy phones.

Old February 27th 06, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh paul woolley:
"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
paul woolley wrote:
got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok from my
mobile but not
from my telewest landline, any ideas ?

What are the next three digits of the 01925 number? Perhaps the
operator supplying Tesco has not notified other operators of the
range(s) or Telehouse has just not datafilled them.

363 are the next three numbers

oayk

01925 363 nnn brings up Freshtel UK as the operator of that number range.

Old February 27th 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul woolley

how did you find that out and what does it mean ?

paul

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh paul woolley:

Old February 27th 06, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh paul woolley:

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message
paul woolley wrote:
got myself an 01925 number from tesco, can dial it ok from my
mobile but not
from my telewest landline, any ideas ?

What are the next three digits of the 01925 number? Perhaps the
operator supplying Tesco has not notified other operators of the
range(s) or Telehouse has just not datafilled them.

363 are the next three numbers

oayk

01925 363 nnn brings up Freshtel UK as the operator of that number
range.

I used: http://www.magsys.co.uk/telecom/codelook.asp

It means that you could inform Freshtel UK that their number range isn't yet
working from a Telewest line, and you could inform Telewest that the Freshtel
UK number you are trying to call isn't being connected to at the moment.

Old February 27th 06, 10:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul woolley

thats great mate, thanks

why does my vonage number (01925 596xxx) come up with a different company.

people elsewhere have said they have had problems dialling tesco numbers
from BT lines, think I will look elsewhere now

Paul

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...
Thus spaketh paul woolley: