Internet broadband and BT landline contracts

Old February 26th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
davym

Default Internet broadband and BT landline contracts

Hello, Can anyone help me?

I'm looking for someone in UK to take over an Internet broadband
contract (AOL Silver) and a BT landline (BT Together option 1)
contract.
These contracts were set last August (from August 1st 2005) for at
least 1 year.
I need to move back to France to start my new job and look for someone
who will be interested to take over these contracts until at least the
end of July.

Advantages:
- Free modem,
- You will have to commit for only 5 months and not 12 months and after
this period you can keep the contracts or cancel whenever you want,
- I offer 1 month free Internet,
- I will help you to set everything,
- package upgradable to another option.

Please, contact me as soon as possible!

Davy

--
davym
Old February 27th 06, 06:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mugwump

In article , davym.23v5q4
@broadbandbanter.com says...

[...]

The only way for them to do that is to move into the house that you are
vacating and not change the details on the phone line.

--
Mugwump

Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk
Old February 27th 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Cannot be done! Pay up and shut up.

--
Peter Crosland

Old February 27th 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
davym

Mugwump Wrote:

The only way for them to do that is to move into the house that you
are
vacating and not change the details on the phone line.

--
Mugwump

Reply to 'usenetmail{at}discworld{dot}org{dot}uk

Hello,

In reality, it's more flexible: I contacted BT and AOL and they told me
that I have the possibility to move my contracts to another postal
address in UK (not abroad). I just need to fill in their "moving home"
forms and they will set the contracts at the new address. Afterwards, a
person at this address will only have to call AOL and BT to update the
bank and identity details. Obviously, before that, I will have informed
BT and AOL that this person is going to take over my contracts.

Best regards,

Davy

--
davym
Old February 27th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

In reality, it's more flexible: I contacted BT and AOL and they told me
that I have the possibility to move my contracts to another postal
address in UK (not abroad). I just need to fill in their "moving home"
forms and they will set the contracts at the new address. Afterwards, a
person at this address will only have to call AOL and BT to update the
bank and identity details. Obviously, before that, I will have informed
BT and AOL that this person is going to take over my contracts.

Only if you lie to them. AFAIK neither AOL will allow the contracts to be
transferred to someone else.

Peter Crosland

Old March 4th 06, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham Murray

Mugwump writes:

From AOL's Terms of use

'Assignment

We may assign this contract at any time without notice to you. You may
not assign this contract to any one else.'

For a consumer contract, might that not fall foul of the unfair
contact terms rules? If one party is allowed to assign the contract,
then is it not equitable that the other should be able to as well?
Old March 4th 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 04 Mar 2006 13:10, Mugwump wrote:

It's mainly to cover sell offs. Imagine metronet selling out to Plusnet
but they couldn't transfer the broadband contracts. Everybody loses
their connection!

Agreed - and it nearly happened when Affinity Internet Holdings (or
whatever they were called) went down the plug-hole and Plus.Net
made sure that users did not lose their connections - as they could
become customers of Plus.Net, at a time when a "cease" and new
"activation" would have been needed... about 3 years ago now.
Old March 4th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
davym

Graham Murray Wrote:
Mugwump writes:

From AOL's Terms of use
'Assignment
We may assign this contract at any time without notice to you. You
may
not assign this contract to any one else.'

I haven't located this comment in the online AOL's terms of use, but
this one must exist, however the interpretation made might be
incorrect.
From my point of view, this comment only indicates that a contract can
be defined or managed only by its owner. Would you be agreed that
someone else performs some operations on your behalf? That protects
every consumer.

In my case, an AOL agent gave me this advice "you have the possibility
to tell us someone to take over your contract even if this one is
located at another postal address!". Obsiously, before transferring my
contract to someone else, I will ask AOL one more time the permission.

I'm not looking for someone to fool and really I take all the risks.
I'm not pleased to receive answers where the purposes are to contest
what I wrote.
The second answer I received was "Cannot be done! Pay up and shut up.".
This person forgot to add "you are a liar, f**k off!".

I was expecting some advice telling me the ways to follow.

Finally, I solved half of my problem. I've again contacted BT and they
have accepted without any problem to stop my contract. Well, I'm likely
going to pay some fees but it doesn't matter.
To clarify my request and get some help I will post another thread.

If you are in a negative mood, please, don't help me.

Thank you

Davy

--
davym