Bluetalk ATA-386 Starter Pack

Old February 27th 06, 03:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Default Bluetalk ATA-386 Starter Pack

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are locked devices?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739

Thanks :-)

Sparks...

Old March 1st 06, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:18:34 -0000, "Sparks"
wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are locked devices?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739

Thanks :-)

Sparks...

It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...
Old March 1st 06, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are locked devices?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739

Thanks :-)

Sparks...

It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...

Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
Bluetalk?
Old March 1st 06, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are locked devices?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739

Thanks :-)

Sparks...

It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...

Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
Bluetalk?

I have, and it should be here today :-)

Watch this space!

Sparks...

Old March 1st 06, 03:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Sparks wrote:
"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in message

Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
Bluetalk?

I have, and it should be here today :-)

Watch this space!

Sparks...

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.
Old March 1st 06, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

Sparks wrote:
"Thomas Kenyon" wrote in message

Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
Bluetalk?

I have, and it should be here today :-)

Watch this space!

Sparks...

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate on
how to unlock it.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:12:47 up 35 days, 31 min, 4 users, load average: 0.29, 0.31, 0.21

Old March 1st 06, 10:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
on
how to unlock it.

I will, it didn't arrive today, hopefully tomorrow!

Sparks...

Old March 2nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Sparks" wrote in message

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
on
how to unlock it.

I will, it didn't arrive today, hopefully tomorrow!

I know the suspense is probably KILLING you here, but alas, eBuyer is living
up to it's reputation!
Paid for Priority Express Service, for delivery on 01-03-06

....still not here...

****ty, sorry, Citylink allege it will be here tomorrow.

Sparks...

Old March 3rd 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Sparks

"Sparks" wrote in message
"Sparks" wrote in message

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
on
how to unlock it.

It appears to be a virgin HanyTone-386 :-)

Firmware is
My firmware is
Program-- 1.0.2.16
Bootloader-- 1.0.7.1
HTML-- 1.0.0.18
VOC-- 1.0.0.10

This seems to be the latest.

Before connecting it to the network I connected a telephone and changed the
unit to a static IP address, put in a non existent gateway, and changed the
TFTP server address to a non existent one.
(Dial *** 02 IP address (192.168.1.30 would be *** 20 192168001030
the * subnet mask then * Gateway then * DNS server then * TFTP Address

For example, to set the following...

IP Address - 192.168.1.30
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
DNS Server - 192.168.1.5
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.5
TFTP Server - 192.168.1.5

You would dial the following...

***02192168001030*255255255000*192168001005*192168 001005*192168001005
Hangup

I then connected my laptop to the unit (off the network, but that should not
matter, as the unit cant get out to the internet because the DNS Server and
default gateway are not valid addresses in my example) and logged into the
unit
The user password is the default "123" the admin password was also the
default "admin"

I then configured it for my asterisk server and then plugged it into my
network (Still with invalid default gateway and TFTP addresses as I don't
need them for my setup) all seems to work fine!

I then logged onto eBuyer to order another one, but it is now showing as
"Stock Overdue" - Bugger!!

Sparks...

Old March 3rd 06, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Sparks wrote:

I then logged onto eBuyer to order another one, but it is now showing as
"Stock Overdue" - Bugger!!

Alas, eBuyer seem to have spotted the fatal flaw in their cunning plan.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
22:49:14 up 37 days, 3:08, 3 users, load average: 0.30, 0.39, 0.31