Transfer

Old February 28th 06, 10:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Scott

Default Transfer

I am trying to move from Virgin to Plusnet without being without BB in
between.
Plusnet ask for my MAC Key to do this, but as far as I can tell Virgin are
not part of this scheme.
Are they abliged to give me a MAC Key or can they refuse?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK
Old February 28th 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Jim Scott wrote:
I am trying to move from Virgin to Plusnet without being without BB in
between.
Plusnet ask for my MAC Key to do this, but as far as I can tell
Virgin are not part of this scheme.
Are they abliged to give me a MAC Key or can they refuse?

Nobody here knows what abliged means, therefore can't answer your question.

Old February 28th 06, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
cw

"Adrian" wrote in
:

Nobody here knows what abliged means, therefore can't answer your
question.

What a completely pointless obtuse answer. Even if there is a typo in the
original post, it is blatant what the word is supposed to be.

Currently ISPs are not obliged to provide a MAC key, however there is a
consultation process in place with Ofcom at the moment and this is one of
the points to be addressed. The info should be he

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/migrations/

--
Colin
Old February 28th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Parker

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
I am trying to move from Virgin to Plusnet without being without BB

in
between.
Plusnet ask for my MAC Key to do this, but as far as I can tell

Virgin are
not part of this scheme.
Are they abliged to give me a MAC Key or can they refuse?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

Jim

Have you tried speaking to Virgin.
I got a MAC off them about 18 months ago - also to move to PN.
I was offline for about an hour.

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old February 28th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Jim Scott" wrote in message
:I am trying to move from Virgin to Plusnet without being without BB in
: between.
: Plusnet ask for my MAC Key to do this, but as far as I can tell Virgin are
: not part of this scheme.
: Are they abliged to give me a MAC Key or can they refuse?
: --
: Jim
: Tyneside UK

Virgin will give the MAC code have had friends move from virgin to plus.

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk

Old March 1st 06, 01:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nightowl

Jim Scott wrote on Tue, 28 Feb 2006:

I am trying to move from Virgin to Plusnet without being without BB in
between.
Plusnet ask for my MAC Key to do this, but as far as I can tell Virgin are
not part of this scheme.
Are they abliged to give me a MAC Key or can they refuse?

Hi Jim

Yes, Virgin do supply a MAC with no bother. I moved in October.

Just email and request it.

--
Nightowl