ADSL line funny

Old February 28th 06, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cuprager

Default ADSL line funny

A while ago my ADSL started to loose connection intermittently. Through
a process of elimination I found the problem was with two telephone
extensions that were hard wired into the BT master socket. Simply
disconnecting the telephones from the other end of these extensions
wasn’t enough - the wires had to be removed from the master socket. This
fixed the problem, it also left me with one telephone connection (the
master socket) that a microfilter was plugged into and the phone and
ADSL were plugged into that.

We wanted her other phone connections back so I rewired them at the
weekend just to see what would happen. The problem came back within a
day. The wiring seems fine and the correct filters have been used. The
setup worked fine for about a year or so after we had it installed.

I think I will replace the master socket and two auxiliary sockets next
to see if that makes any difference. Do you have any thoughts?

TIA

Gerry
Old February 28th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Cuprager wrote:
[...]

If you have the NTE5 type master socket, replace the front part with one of
these:
http://www.clarity.it/acatalog/ADSL_Installation.html
then run new cables to your secondary sockets, it's unlikely that the
sockets themselves are faulty.
--
Adrian A

Old February 28th 06, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"Cuprager" wrote in message ...
[...]

You could try leaving the ring wires disconnected
http://yarwell.blogspot.com/2005/08/adsl-tweaking.html

Old February 28th 06, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

"Cuprager" wrote in message
[...]

That to me as a former engineer sounds like (rarely) the wires in the
extension have broken or become faulty. Start from the NTE (Network
Termination Equipment and replace all the wires. It's easier than scratching
your head for months over the obvious problem.......