make sipdiscount - skype call with asterisk

Old February 28th 06, 10:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

Default make sipdiscount - skype call with asterisk

Hi,

I recently had a friend try to call me using skype, which I don't have.
I know his email address and his skype name.

I have asterisk pbx on debian with outbound calls to sipdiscount.

Is there a way I can call his skype account? Perhaps I first need to know
skype's proxy info?

I'm new to asterisk and ignorant of skype so apologies if this is an
easy one.

thanks,

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435
Old February 28th 06, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
I recently had a friend try to call me using skype, which I don't have.
I know his email address and his skype name.

I have asterisk pbx on debian with outbound calls to sipdiscount.

Is there a way I can call his skype account? Perhaps I first need to know
skype's proxy info?

The last I heard, Skype didn't talk SIP and asterisk didn't talk Skype,
so you probably cannot do it directly - you'd have to call his
"skype-in" number or somesuch - i.e. not free.
Old February 28th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ben Fitzgerald

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:17:05 +0000, Paul Cupis wrote:
Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
I recently had a friend try to call me using skype, which I don't have.
I know his email address and his skype name.

I have asterisk pbx on debian with outbound calls to sipdiscount.

Is there a way I can call his skype account? Perhaps I first need to know
skype's proxy info?

The last I heard, Skype didn't talk SIP and asterisk didn't talk Skype,
so you probably cannot do it directly - you'd have to call his
"skype-in" number or somesuch - i.e. not free.

I see. Thanks for the information, Paul.

Ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435