Locking of ATAs

Old February 28th 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Geo

Default Locking of ATAs

I have read a lot of stuff about Vonage locking (and re-locking) PAP2 ATAs.

If I buy some sort of non-locked ATA (eg a SIP-1001, SIP-3000 etc) is there any
danger that a VOIP supplier (I have not chosen one yet) would lock it in some
way to prevent me using it fully.
Or does all this only apply to the subsidised units?

Geo
Old February 28th 06, 06:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Geo:
I have read a lot of stuff about Vonage locking (and re-locking) PAP2
ATAs.

If I buy some sort of non-locked ATA (eg a SIP-1001, SIP-3000 etc) is
there any danger that a VOIP supplier (I have not chosen one yet)
would lock it in some way to prevent me using it fully.
Or does all this only apply to the subsidised units?

Geo

You have no worries with the non-locked devices becoming locked.