Printing accross network, massive delay.

Old March 1st 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
R D S

Default Printing accross network, massive delay.

I have an Epson C900 colour laser on one PC, when I print to it from a
networked PC it takes ages just to be able to select it.

I click print and select it from the list and I am presented with the hour
glass before I can click OK to send the doc.
This morning it took 13 minutes, the document file size was about 40k, the
PCs are a P3 1gig (win98) and a P4 1.5gig(XP)

Any ideas how I can speed this up?

Cheers,
Rick