Netgear Firmware (DG834G)

Old March 1st 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim..

Default Netgear Firmware (DG834G)

Currently rock solid on ver2.10.22, is it worth installing the latest Ver
3.01.25 ?

TIA

Tim..

Old March 1st 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martin Underwood

Tim.. wrote in
:

Currently rock solid on ver2.10.22, is it worth installing the
latest Ver
3.01.25 ?

One of my customers had a DG834G(UK) with 2.10.22 and a few weeks after I
installed it, it began disconnecting from the ISP's server exactly 40
seconds after it had successfully CHAP-authenticated; it kept up the cycle
of LCP is down / LCP is allowed to come up / CHAP authentication success /
(40 seconds) / LCP is down all day long.

Turning the router off at the mains didn't solve the problem. However
upgrading to 3.01.25 did solve the problem, and I've had no reports from him
that the problem has ever re-occurred.

So, at least for this customer, it was definitely worth upgrading the
firmware.

Old March 9th 06, 09:38 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Eric

"Tim.." wrote in message
Currently rock solid on ver2.10.22, is it worth installing the latest Ver
3.01.25 ?

TIA

Tim..

I suppose if it ain't broken, don't fix it applies here. But on the oher
hand, I have been running 3.01.25 since soon after its release (whenever
that was) and it too has been rock solid here. I run the system 24/7 and
its never crashed once with 3.01.25. I guess it depends on whether or not
you are wanting to try the new firmware. I can give 3.01.25 the thumbs up
from here.