is this any good for 2MB

Old March 1st 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default is this any good for 2MB

Hi all is these results any good for 2mb broadband.
Currently on 1MB broadband
Samknows says :
BT ADSL broadband availability
You are connected to the Kintore (NSKTR) telephone exchange.

Your exchange is enabled for ADSL!
There is capacity at your exchange for further ADSL connections.

The following level of service is available at your location:

You cannot receive 2Mbps ADSL
You may be able to receive 1Mbps ADSL
You can receive 512Kbps ADSL
You can receive 256Kbps ADSL

You are approximately 677 metres from the exchange (straight line distance).

However, there appears to a compatibility issue with your phone line. This
could be caused by an existing broadband connection, ISDN, a DACS unit,
TPON, a pending ADSL order or many other common issues. This will need to be
resolved before ADSL can be supplied to your line.

Your BT ADSL code is: AGEC

ADSL Internet Settings
Type Fast
Status No Defect
Downstream Upstream
Data rate 1152 288
Noise margin 29.0 27.0
Output power 15.4 11.6
Attenuation 38.0 21.5

John Els ( Home Tel No: 01467634737 Work Tel No: 01467622008 ( Mobile No:
07810318971 8 Website Address: www.jamaz.co.uk
This e-mail may contain privileged information intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender, deleting the
e-mail afterwards. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the
e-mail's author and do not necessarily represent those of JAMAZ.

Old March 1st 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"John" wrote in message
[...]

What do you think, knowing that it says "cannot receive 2Mbps"???

Old March 1st 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Sherunkle

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:54:04 -0000, "ABC"
wrote:

What do you think, knowing that it says "cannot receive 2Mbps"???

Clearly you believe everything you are told and never check whether or
not it is right.

Plonk
Old March 1st 06, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

In article ,
Paul wrote:

Your BT ADSL code is: AGEC

A - Amber for non Rate Adaptive (1Mbps and up)
G - Green for Rate Adaptive (256kbps and 512kbps)
E - Exchange enabled for ADSL
C - ???? Connected?

ADSL Internet Settings
Type Fast
Status No Defect
Downstream Upstream
Data rate 1152 288
Noise margin 29.0 27.0
Output power 15.4 11.6
Attenuation 38.0 21.5

I'd suggest you get in touch with your ISP asking for a "remeasure" of
your line. The attentuation figures suggest that 2Mbps would definitely
be possible.

--
Paul Martin

Old March 1st 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Daniel

If the figures you quoted are accurate you will definitely get 2Mb. Your
line must be somewhat longer than the straight line distance samknows
reported. According to samknows I'm 1.52km from the exchange but my line
stats are slightly better than yours when you take into consideration I'm on
2Mb (24SNR). Just interesting, that's all.

Dan

Old March 2nd 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

John wrote:
In article ,
Paul wrote:

Your BT ADSL code is: AGEC

A - Amber for non Rate Adaptive (1Mbps and up)
G - Green for Rate Adaptive (256kbps and 512kbps)
E - Exchange enabled for ADSL
C - ???? Connected?

ADSL Internet Settings
Type Fast
Status No Defect
Downstream Upstream
Data rate 1152 288
Noise margin 29.0 27.0
Output power 15.4 11.6
Attenuation 38.0 21.5

I'd suggest you get in touch with your ISP asking for a "remeasure"
of your line. The attentuation figures suggest that 2Mbps would
definitely be possible.

You haven't looked at the SNR have you, going up to 2Mb could possibly
take the SNR low enough to make the circuit unstable...