C&W laying off more staff-

Old March 1st 06, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Inquisitor

Default C&W laying off more staff-

Just when you thought Bulldog comms couldn't possibly get any worse!!!

Bulldog's service is already the worst of any company I have ever dealt
with!!!

Are they are now going to have even less engineers and techies?

Abandon ship!!!!

Old March 1st 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

The Inquisitor wrote:
Just when you thought Bulldog comms couldn't possibly get any worse!!!

Bulldog's service is already the worst of any company I have ever dealt
with!!!

Are they are now going to have even less engineers and techies?

Abandon ship!!!!

I did read an article the other day (can't find it now) which implied
C&W were looking to be more picky about the kinds of customers they
have. This was to go hand in hand with staff reductions over the next 5
years. Perhaps they are taking proactive action to get rid of some
customers?
Old March 1st 06, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"The Inquisitor" wrote in message
Just when you thought Bulldog comms couldn't possibly get any worse!!!

Bulldog's service is already the worst of any company I have ever dealt
with!!!

Are they are now going to have even less engineers and techies?

Abandon ship!!!!

They will probably come up with a system whereby when a customer rngs up
with a problem they get put through to the last customer to rng in with the
same problem who hasn't called back on the grounds that they probably worked
out how to fix it themselves!

'Hello is that C&W Sales?'

"Speaking"

'I wanted to know about the interface to the ...., could you put me through
to someone technical?'

"Speaking"

'Hi - what's the physical connector on your cable modems...'

"dunno"

'look I wanted to ask a technical question and I am still talking to the
same person in sales - put me through to the managing director!'

"speaking"
:
:
:

History repeats itself - their first ship to lay cable across the Atlantic
was the Marie Celeste...

Old March 1st 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 01 Mar 2006 15:22, Colin Forrester wrote:

Perhaps they are taking proactive action to get rid of some
customers?

They expect to drop from 30,000 to 18,000 customers, but to
keep Bulldog, AFAIK. C+W want to keep big business users,
but slim range of products down from 90+ (presumably the range
of products means high costs on support staff, low profit margins).
Old March 1st 06, 07:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 1-Mar-2006, Mark wrote:

I would give it 12-24 months or so before C&W gets gobbled up by a
foreign operator. The latest cuts are probably to get it into a
sellable state.

It all started way back, when the dipsticks running C&W, sold
out to Pacific Cyberworks, for what turned out to be worthless
paper, and no cash.

But then what sort of service do you expect from such a company?
More dipsticks.

Bit like BT really, Ian Valance buried his head in the sand and
wouldn't touch BB, until Oftel forced BT's hand by breaking
their monopoly. Now they are stuffed.

BT in its day had it made, they owned the ducts, all they needed
to do was a rolling program of fibre to the kerb, then we could
have all the bandwidth we want. Switches are getting faster,
and the world is awash with dark (unused) sub-oceanic fibre; as
well as between major population centres.

And of course BB should have had a loopback facility for
fault testing built in, a simple digital loopback would have
cost virtually nothing, nothing more than a simple logic gate.
Old March 2nd 06, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lasitha

They are not cutting any Bulldog jobs, just C&W jobs.