HEC Errors

Old March 1st 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Cain

Default HEC Errors

My PCI ADSL "modem" reports thousands of HEC (Header Error Correction)
errors per day. Is this something I should worry about? Does it originate at
my site or further up the network? What can I do about it?

The CRC error rate is in the tens per day which seems rather more
reasonable.

Old March 5th 06, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Furniss

Roger Cain wrote:
My PCI ADSL "modem" reports thousands of HEC (Header Error Correction)
errors per day. Is this something I should worry about? Does it originate at
my site or further up the network? What can I do about it?

The CRC error rate is in the tens per day which seems rather more
reasonable.

If they are upstream 000s/day isn't too bad out of a possible 679/sec.

I've got 2 PCI modems one doesn't even report upstream errors - What
make is yours?

If your connection is stable and gives OK upload speed then they are not
hurting too much.

If you don't already have one I would recommend a filtered face plate
instead of loose filters - I just got one and got a 4db gain on SNR
margin and less upstream HEC/CRC errors.

www.adslnation.co.uk

Andy.