Sipgate seems better today

Old March 1st 06, 05:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Sipgate seems better today

Just tried several test calls on my 3 Sipgate lines, to/from other Sipgate
numbers, the PSTN and a Gradwell number, all went through first time with
no problems, so maybe they are finally getting things done. We can but
hope, anyway..!

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make some test calls to,
my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little
neglected ;-)

Ivor

Old March 1st 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dellboy

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

Just tried several test calls on my 3 Sipgate lines, to/from other Sipgate
numbers, the PSTN and a Gradwell number, all went through first time with
no problems, so maybe they are finally getting things done. We can but
hope, anyway..!

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make some test calls to,
my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little
neglected ;-)

Ivor

Sorry for my previous coment in another thread, wasn`t suppose to be
personal :0)

But anyway, I got a PAP2 on Vonage did the do and now it`s running on
Sipgate, i`ve noticed it`s excellent service ATM, I didn`t know if it was
the PAP2 or that Sipgate had upgraded.

Hopefully they will continue to upgrade and provide a good service.

Old March 1st 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Alex

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

Just tried several test calls on my 3 Sipgate lines, to/from other Sipgate
numbers, the PSTN and a Gradwell number, all went through first time with
no problems, so maybe they are finally getting things done. We can but
hope, anyway..!

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make some test calls to,
my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little
neglected ;-)

Ivor

Without wanting to tempt fate, I have called several mobiles today, each
time it connected within about 10 seconds AND I got a ringing tone before
they answered. Lets hope that they've put some new servers in and that the
service lasts!

Alex

Old March 1st 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:14:22 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Just tried several test calls on my 3 Sipgate lines, to/from other Sipgate
numbers, the PSTN and a Gradwell number, all went through first time with
no problems, so maybe they are finally getting things done. We can but
hope, anyway..!

I noticed the same improvement on a call to a landline today. Ringing
tone received exactly as would have been expected, and voice quality
as good as its ever been.

Chris
Old March 1st 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Ivor Jones wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make some test calls to,
my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little
neglected ;-)

Takes me back a few years since it had that voice!
Just called from my sipgate number using X-lite and the audio level
seemed a bit low...

--
Nick B.
Old March 1st 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make some test
calls to, my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is
feeling a little neglected ;-)

Takes me back a few years since it had that voice!
Just called from my sipgate number using X-lite and the audio level
seemed a bit low...

I too have noticed the low audio level on the speaking clock.

Old March 1st 06, 08:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nick B." wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to make
some test calls to, my speaking clock on 1431320 (020
7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little neglected ;-)

Takes me back a few years since it had that voice!
Just called from my sipgate number using X-lite and the
audio level seemed a bit low...

It's a digitised copy of the Pat Simmons voice, who was the clock from
1963 to 1985. More info he

http://www.g6urp.co.uk/tim2004.htm

which is my site, links from there to other relevant sites :-)

Re. the audio level, it could be x-lite, I am not keen on softphones, it's
ok from my phones here, just a thought.

Ivor

Old March 1st 06, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote in message
. uk
Thus spaketh Nick B.:
Ivor Jones wrote:

Incidentally, if anyone wants a Sipgate number to
make some test calls to, my speaking clock on 1431320
(020 7043 1320 from PSTN) is feeling a little
neglected ;-)

Takes me back a few years since it had that voice!
Just called from my sipgate number using X-lite and the
audio level seemed a bit low...

I too have noticed the low audio level on the speaking
clock.

Not sure why that is, sounds ok to me, even calling through Sipgate and
not direct. I'll have a look but I don't think there is much I can do with
it.

Ivor

Old March 1st 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick B.

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Nick B." wrote in message
Takes me back a few years since it had that voice!
Just called from my sipgate number using X-lite and the
audio level seemed a bit low...

It's a digitised copy of the Pat Simmons voice, who was the clock from
1963 to 1985. More info he
http://www.g6urp.co.uk/tim2004.htm

I vaguely remember it changing over to Brian Cobby, then at some point
they added that awful "sponsored by accurist" bit. Used to call it daily
at work for a few years as an official "time check" for our voice
recorders but superseeded by MSF clocks and then GPS-locked ntp.

which is my site, links from there to other relevant sites :-)

At risk of drifting OT, I ran a BBS for a while too...

Re. the audio level, it could be x-lite, I am not keen on softphones, it's
ok from my phones here, just a thought.

I downloaded X-lite courtesy of Sipgate. A bit hit & miss so I've been
lurking on this NG for a few weeks, took the plunge and ordered a Sipura
ATA. I'm hoping it will be an improvement over softphones, but expect to
see a few questions for me on configuring the thing when it finally arrives.

--
Nick B.
Old March 1st 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Nick B." wrote in message

[snip]

I downloaded X-lite courtesy of Sipgate. A bit hit & miss
so I've been lurking on this NG for a few weeks, took the
plunge and ordered a Sipura ATA. I'm hoping it will be an
improvement over softphones, but expect to see a few
questions for me on configuring the thing when it finally
arrives.

No problems, I think I have most of the UK-specific ones written down
somewhere.

I may see if I can crank up the audio gain on the PABX outside line card
that the clock uses. The clock is actually an extension on my PABX with a
dedicated exchange line card (plugged into a Sipura SPA-2000) mapped to
it, so it may be possible.

Ivor