All in one, any suggestions?

Old March 2nd 06, 10:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

Default All in one, any suggestions?

I need a device like the Draytek Vigor 2100 VG router (cable broadband
input, 1+ ethernet outputs, wireless, firewall, VoIP, POTS) without the -
odd - limitation of just 1 (ONE!) SIP account.
Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to manage - at last 2, at
most 4 - VoIP lines?
Recommendations, reviews, experiences?

TA

N.B. I'm on Blueyonder BB, then I don't need the ADSL bit.
--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old March 2nd 06, 11:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim Bray

▀°dincÁs▓║║║ wrote:

Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to manage - at last 2, at
most 4 - VoIP lines?

SPA-2100?

Tim
Old March 2nd 06, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:43:06 +0000, and Tim Bray popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...
|▀°dincÁs▓║║║ wrote:
|
| Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to manage - at last 2, at
| most 4 - VoIP lines?
|
|SPA-2100?
|
|Tim

No Wireless, I'm afraid... Not suitable, then. :-(
Do I really want too much?

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old March 2nd 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

er.co.uk
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ wrote:

Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to
manage - at last 2, at most 4 - VoIP lines?

SPA-2100?

Tim

No Wireless, I'm afraid... Not suitable, then. :-(
Do I really want too much?

You could look at the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 - www.avm.de/en - it
actually has an internal ADSL modem but I believe it's possible to disable
it to use a cable modem. Not 100% sure though, you'd have to ask them, you
can certainly do this on the non-wireless version which I have.

It has capacity to register up to 10 SIP accounts, there are 2 phone
sockets and you can choose which line rings which phone. The first two
accounts are on the two phone sockets, you dial a prefix to select one of
the remaining accounts to dial out on if you want.

Ivor

Old March 2nd 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:13:45 -0000, and Ivor Jones popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...

|"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
der.co.uk
| It was Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:43:06 +0000, and Tim Bray
| popped the nose over the fence around uk.telecom.voip,
| and said...
| ▀°dincÁs▓║║║ wrote:
|
| Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to
| manage - at last 2, at most 4 - VoIP lines?
|
| SPA-2100?
|
| Tim
|
| No Wireless, I'm afraid... Not suitable, then. :-(
| Do I really want too much?
|
|You could look at the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 - www.avm.de/en - it
|actually has an internal ADSL modem but I believe it's possible to disable
|it to use a cable modem. Not 100% sure though, you'd have to ask them, you
|can certainly do this on the non-wireless version which I have.
|
|It has capacity to register up to 10 SIP accounts, there are 2 phone
|sockets and you can choose which line rings which phone. The first two
|accounts are on the two phone sockets, you dial a prefix to select one of
|the remaining accounts to dial out on if you want.
|
|Ivor

TA Ivor, very appreciated. The device is a bit on the pricey side ( 170
euros!) and in the documentation says "Internet telephony can't be used if
the Fritz!Box doesn't dial the connection itself". Which model do you have?
There's the same advice in your manual?
Reliability - Price you paid - etc...

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid
Old March 2nd 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
▀°dincÁs▓║║║

It was Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:13:45 -0000, and Ivor Jones popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...
|"▀°dincÁs▓║║║" wrote in message
der.co.uk
| It was Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:43:06 +0000, and Tim Bray
| popped the nose over the fence around uk.telecom.voip,
| and said...
| ▀°dincÁs▓║║║ wrote:
|
| Is there something (reliable as Drayteks) able to
| manage - at last 2, at most 4 - VoIP lines?
|
| SPA-2100?
|
| Tim
|
| No Wireless, I'm afraid... Not suitable, then. :-(
| Do I really want too much?
|
|You could look at the AVM Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 - www.avm.de/en - it
|actually has an internal ADSL modem but I believe it's possible to disable
|it to use a cable modem. Not 100% sure though, you'd have to ask them, you
|can certainly do this on the non-wireless version which I have.
|
|It has capacity to register up to 10 SIP accounts, there are 2 phone
|sockets and you can choose which line rings which phone. The first two
|accounts are on the two phone sockets, you dial a prefix to select one of
|the remaining accounts to dial out on if you want.
|
|Ivor

Got in touch with them, with the new firmware the ADSL modem can be
disabled and the router used with our cablemodems. Lovely, it's a deal.
Thank you Ivor for the hint!
Now, googling for the cheapest place to buy it...

--
▀°dincÁs▓║║║ Ě The Y2K Druid