Anyone using SDSL ??

Old March 3rd 06, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

Default Anyone using SDSL ??

Thinking of repacing the very very costly leased line with SDSL (1Mbit) and VPN
site to site..

Anyone using this ?

Any issues with SDSL (10:1 contention) ?

Regards,

Doz
"Zen Supporter"
Old March 3rd 06, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

Doz wrote on Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:36:01 +0000:

Thinking of repacing the very very costly leased line with SDSL (1Mbit)
and VPN site to site..

Anyone using this ?

Not with VPN, but we do use a 2Mbps SDSL line from Easynet as a replacement
for the previous megastream we had, and I can't say I've noticed a
difference in speed or reliability. We run 3 e-commerce web sites and 3 mail
servers off it.

Any issues with SDSL (10:1 contention) ?

Easynet is 1:1 so I can't comment on this, but contention will be exchange
specific anyway as it will depend on how many other customers hooked up to
yours have SDSL too and how much data they are passing.

Dan

Old March 3rd 06, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:49:48 -0000, Spack wrote:

Doz wrote on Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:36:01 +0000:

Thinking of repacing the very very costly leased line with SDSL (1Mbit)
and VPN site to site..

Anyone using this ?

Not with VPN, but we do use a 2Mbps SDSL line from Easynet as a replacement
for the previous megastream we had, and I can't say I've noticed a
difference in speed or reliability. We run 3 e-commerce web sites and 3 mail
servers off it.

Any issues with SDSL (10:1 contention) ?

Easynet is 1:1 so I can't comment on this, but contention will be exchange
specific anyway as it will depend on how many other customers hooked up to
yours have SDSL too and how much data they are passing.

Dan

We're in Llanelli - South Wales. Not a lot of SDSL down here let me tell you!
Lucky to have ADSL!
Old March 3rd 06, 02:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I'm using 2mb SDSL no problem whatsoever.
Been running with it for 2 months no outages.
Still keep ADSL for downloads, accessing NGs, surfing, etc.
I use the SDSL for primary services - web sites, ftp, smtp, vpn, dns, voip.
Very happy with it, and a fraction of the cost of the old leased line.......

Old March 3rd 06, 02:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hows the weather in Llanelli today? We've got an office there.
Nice beach - how's the new beach development coming along?

.. .