Max ADSL rate adapting below 512k?

Old March 3rd 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

Default Max ADSL rate adapting below 512k?

Google hasn't helped.

AIUI, Max ADSL will ensure your line rate adapts as high as it can whilst
maintaining an acceptable SNR.

My line is currently 512k and the guesstimate calculator that was posted
here recently suggested around 800k is the best I'll ever see. Fair enough,
one of the joys of living in the sticks.

However, what would be nice was if it would sync at 400, 250, heck even 100
if it meant maintaining a connection when external influences cause the SNR
to drop as they frequently do.

Anyone know how low it can go?

Old March 3rd 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Actually it goes down to 160Kb/s.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2572

Is perhaps there a chance that those of us who really are in the
sticks and are too far away from the exchange to get Broadband under
current criteria (even Zen Home 250) might be able to get something
better than dialup? Currently I cannot get anything - ISDN, Highway
etc all failed. I am about 8.5Km from the exchange as the line runs
(4.5Km as the crow flies).
Old March 3rd 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen Stewart

"Chris" wrote in message

Actually it goes down to 160Kb/s.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2572

Is perhaps there a chance that those of us who really are in the
sticks and are too far away from the exchange to get Broadband under
current criteria (even Zen Home 250) might be able to get something
better than dialup? Currently I cannot get anything - ISDN, Highway
etc all failed. I am about 8.5Km from the exchange as the line runs
(4.5Km as the crow flies).

It's possible yes.

Check out section 3 here.

http://www.farina1.com/bookmark/0000...7/00020260.HTM