Incoming number on betamax companies

Old March 4th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

Default Incoming number on betamax companies

Hi everyone

Got a quick question, with voipstunt etc offering free incoming numbers in
different countries, is it possible to choose a non UK number?
They list holland/switzerland etc but in order to get one I have to deposit
EURO 10 which I have no problem with as long as I know I can
choose the country for the incoming line

Old March 4th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
paul123

RH wrote:
Hi everyone

Got a quick question, with voipstunt etc offering free incoming numbers in
different countries, is it possible to choose a non UK number?
They list holland/switzerland etc but in order to get one I have to deposit
EURO 10 which I have no problem with as long as I know I can
choose the country for the incoming line

The numbers seem to be allocated according to your user address
details: registering yourself in London gets you a London number. I
have an account with a London number and my Dad has one with a
Cambridge number.

If you want a Swiss number, try putting your address as Bern, Zurich or
whatever. If there aren't numbers for the particular city that you put,
you might get allocated a non geo number (056 in the UK).

Old March 4th 06, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
RH

The numbers seem to be allocated according to your user address
details: registering yourself in London gets you a London number. I
have an account with a London number and my Dad has one with a
Cambridge number.

If you want a Swiss number, try putting your address as Bern, Zurich or
whatever. If there aren't numbers for the particular city that you put,
you might get allocated a non geo number (056 in the UK).

Thnaks for the feedback I just found out I had 3 cents on my voipbuster
account so
tried it out, I live in Swindon but was allocated a Nottingham numberwhich
was odd
but its all free so can not complain