:-)

Old March 5th 06, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default :-)

I have just today joined the voip world :-)
i Have a TW 512k connection, Belikn router and a Linksys PAP2 working fine.
I joined sipdiscout pur 10 euros on the account 7.00 and lasts for 120days
1.75 per month, free calls to uk landlines and many other international
places!

My questions are!

1 are there any cheaper tariffs out there? This is cheap can it get much
cheaper?
2 Voice mail, is there any FREE service for an answer phone ans my phone
does not have an inbuilt one!

ps TW get there 30 days notice on Monday at 10.50 pm they can go sing
Many thanks :-)

Old March 5th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 00:17:45 GMT, "\)\)\)' Orange Peel '\(\(\("
wrote:

I have just today joined the voip world :-)
i Have a TW 512k connection, Belikn router and a Linksys PAP2 working fine.
I joined sipdiscout pur 10 euros on the account 7.00 and lasts for 120days
1.75 per month, free calls to uk landlines and many other international
places!

My questions are!

1 are there any cheaper tariffs out there? This is cheap can it get much
cheaper?

Yes. FREE. voipstunt.com
I can't get it to work anymore for me but most seem to be successful.
I'd be interested in a report back, say after a month, as to how
reliable you find sipdiscount to be.
2 Voice mail, is there any FREE service for an answer phone ans my phone
does not have an inbuilt one!

There is but you need to be able to divert via peer dial or sip
address to it. Check out voxalot.com

ps TW get there 30 days notice on Monday at 10.50 pm they can go sing
Many thanks :-)

I gave them their notice when they took over Yorkshire Cable. It
amazes me though how many of their customers are taken in by their
marketing hype. They are really grotty value for money. The only way
they win is that they offer their broadband without a phone line.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.