ADSL2MUE linksys modem Some Websites Don't Work !

Old March 5th 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
loza

Default ADSL2MUE linksys modem Some Websites Don't Work !

ADSL2MUE Some Websites Don't Work !

I have a linksys ADSL modem with ethernet and USB

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the modem, not firewall or
anything. I can load some websites easily and some just won't load at
all. I really can't see the connection between which websites do work
and which don't. For example: I can get onto the Macromedia website,
but I can't get onto Microsoft.com . The same goes for downloads: some
work, some don't.

Old March 5th 06, 04:06 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Conor

In article . com, loza
says...
ADSL2MUE Some Websites Don't Work !

I have a linksys ADSL modem with ethernet and USB

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the modem, not firewall or
anything. I can load some websites easily and some just won't load at
all. I really can't see the connection between which websites do work
and which don't. For example: I can get onto the Macromedia website,
but I can't get onto Microsoft.com . The same goes for downloads: some
work, some don't.

I've seen this with incorrect MTU settings. Most ADSL Modems and
routers default to 1500 which works fine in most respects however my
ISP uses 1458 and I get the same problem as you when I run it above
that. Microsoft and Hotmail tend to be the first sites with issues. AOL
use a MTU of 1400. I'd look there first.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.
Old March 6th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
loza

Thanks that sounds like the problem. I've sent an e-mail to linksys
technical support to find out where I can find the MTU setting on the
modems setup page.

Old March 8th 06, 06:54 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
loza

Ok, Linksys wern't any help. I asked where the MTU settings were and
they told me there was no MTU settings, and then when I mailed them
with a full description of my problem they didn't reply, just like when
I tried to mail them with a full description of my problem the first
time. I also tried the online live chat with them but after waiting in
the que behind one person for an hour I gave up.

Old March 8th 06, 06:55 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
loza

by the way I am with AOL