Talktalk Broadband

Old March 5th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

Default Talktalk Broadband

Hi all,

Is there anyone using these groups that find talktalk throttling port 119,
as I've had to resort to using port 8080 and had to but a subscription as
talktalk don't support any other ports and say there is no problem with the
ports. They also charge 50p an min for no use support.

Thanks

Old March 5th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Default Talktalk Broadband - avoid at all costs !

John wrote:
Hi all,

Is there anyone using these groups that find talktalk throttling port 119,
as I've had to resort to using port 8080 and had to but a subscription as
talktalk don't support any other ports and say there is no problem with the
ports. They also charge 50p an min for no use support.

Thanks

TalkTalk is part of the Carphone Warehouse Group. Used to be a good
company but not any more. Don't expect any sense whatsoever out of
support. Go elsewhere. Far worse than Tiscali, Sky or anyone else at
present.
Old March 6th 06, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Paul Cummins
writes
YMMV

Not had a single issue with them in the last 2 years. Pay my 12, and
the line just works.

Amazing, you actually have a line? They didn't disconnect without
warning and threaten to send the bailiffs round when they managed to
lose a significant number of customer's direct debit details last year?
Of course, YM obviously does V, but they're one to be avoided.
--
Clint Sharp