news.individual.net problems

Old March 6th 06, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Soap

Default news.individual.net problems

Using Xnews and Tiscali BB, I am spasmodically having enormous difficulty
connecting to news.individual.net (it's OK just now). It isn't a general
speed problem, at the times in question other sites get 1Mb/s. Nor is it a
FW or AV issue. This has been the case for a few weeks now; other times
there is no problem (like now).

Is anyone else suffering with similar problems?

--
Joe Soap.
JUNK is stuff that you keep for 20 years,
Old March 6th 06, 05:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 6 Mar 2006 17:20:29 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

Is anyone else suffering with similar problems?

I'm using both Demon and NIN for public usenet groups. NIN was number
one on my access plan and so Demon was rarely needed. Then, I started
getting an occasional problem and I lowered NIN to number two. Now NIN
is rarely needed and everything is working well again.

http://www.easynn.com
Old March 6th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On 6 Mar 2006 17:20:29 GMT, Joe Soap wrote:

Using Xnews and Tiscali BB, I am spasmodically having enormous difficulty
connecting to news.individual.net (it's OK just now). It isn't a general
speed problem, at the times in question other sites get 1Mb/s. Nor is it a
FW or AV issue. This has been the case for a few weeks now; other times
there is no problem (like now).

Is anyone else suffering with similar problems?

Yes. Occasionally, with the most recent being last night.

I'd assumed it was a PN problem, since they were having routing
problems at a similar time.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
With friends like these, who needs to hallucinate?